BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok just finished installing the Blower resistor, I found out that its NOT in the drivers side Its at the passengers side. According to the Haynes Manual it was in the drivers side. heres how its done.

1. Passenger side- remove panel from underneath glove box, above where your feet would go all you need is a star screwdriver.

2. Have a look at the back at the rear of the centre console(you need to get your head right in) and look up you will see the blower resistor and the connector cable .
picture of a digital resistor

3. At this stage you don't have to unplug the connector give it a few wiggles and a wee bit of leverage it will slot out its clipped into place with a small lug on the resistor. so once that small lug is free it will come out

4. Unplug the connector, connect new Resistor and slot it back into place

5. check that the new resistor is working with all blower speeds and reinstall foot-well panel, job done :D

Please Note this resistor was for the Analogue System . Digital system is the Hedgehog type final stage resistor, this is the same process but you will require a T20 torx Stubby Screwdriver or Bit to remove the resistor.

The pictures are borrowed from other party

Analogue Resistor

Digital Resistor (final stage)

Digital system controls

Analogue System control

Hope this helps, if you have any queries or if anyone would like to add anything that I've left out feel free.:thumbsup

·
Registered
1 Posts
climate controll

ok so i now own my 318is M-Tech and am buzzin with it lol it is (for use of a better phrase) "the muts nuts" lol, now it has a few teething problems but none that cant be sorted, ie the climate controll, it comes on when it feels like it and not until :mad could this hedgehog thing you mention be the problem do you think??

cheers chap

·
Registered
207 Posts
hello mate seeing as youve done this you might be able to help i have a 1992 e36 318 is and the heater works just not the fan so was wondering if it would be the same resistor you changed this is my analog controlls (please work)

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
bimmerhead - There's a capacitor inside the climate control module that fails, and will need replacing.

316compactrob - There's a resistor pack on yours, not a hedgehog. It's labelled "Analogue Resistor" in the guide !
That'll need replacing !

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ok just finished installing the Blower resistor, I found out that its NOT in the drivers side Its at the passengers side. According to the Haynes Manual it was in the drivers side. heres how its done.

1. Passenger side- remove panel from underneath glove box, above where your feet would go all you need is a star screwdriver.

2. Have a look at the back at the rear of the centre console(you need to get your head right in) and look up you will see the blower resistor and the connector cable .
picture of a digital resistor

3. At this stage you don't have to unplug the connector give it a few wiggles and a wee bit of leverage it will slot out its clipped into place with a small lug on the resistor. so once that small lug is free it will come out

4. Unplug the connector, connect new Resistor and slot it back into place

5. check that the new resistor is working with all blower speeds and reinstall foot-well panel, job done :D

Please Note this resistor was for the Analogue System . Digital system is the Hedgehog type final stage resistor, this is the same process but you will require a T20 torx Stubby Screwdriver or Bit to remove the resistor.

The pictures are borrowed from other party

Analogue Resistor

Digital Resistor (final stage)

Digital system controls

Analogue System control

Hope this helps, if you have any queries or if anyone would like to add anything that I've left out feel free.:thumbsup
i can find nothing of the sort lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
You absolute Star!

As the cold weather has started (first ice on me windscreen this Thursday), thought I'd better make the effort and fix me heater!

Hedgehog off FleaBay for £16, your wonderful instructions + 30 Mins and I'm all toasty again.

Many Thanks

Mojo :thumbsup

·
Registered
2 Posts
Intermittent FSR

I found my digital FSR under the drivers side panel (left side drivers seat). I turned the key on and set the fan on. When I started to remove the FSR or wiggle the wires, the fan started working. :confused Is it possible that the FSR is good and just a wiring problem? Or is the FSR intermittent and will go out again? Great thread, thank you!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.