BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1989 325i Cabriolet

This car was originally bought by my grandad new 30 years ago and it was kept in a garage and well looked after.

I've just bought it off him as he can't drive it as much anymore and he knows that I've always loved it.

I'm not 100% but I think that its Cirrusblau Metallic colour.

All that I've done to it so far is give it a bit of a clean and I want to clean it some more this weekend.

Before I bought it a mechanic had it and sorted any small bits of rust and resealed the bottom of car.

I plan on fully restoring it to its former glory. I also want to add some original BBS alloys and lower the car a small bit to give it a sporty look.

The suspension I was looking at was Eibach springs and Blistein B4 shocks. Would you recommend these?

BMW.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
Yes that suspension setup is good. However I'd only give it a small drop 20-30mm as the sump on the M20 engine is very low. The e30 is renowned for cracked sumps once lowered.. I'ts only a matter of time you crack it on something..

It's already looking rather squat at the back, check the subframe bushes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that suspension setup is good. However I'd only give it a small drop 20-30mm as the sump on the M20 engine is very low. The e30 is renowned for cracked sumps once lowered.. I'ts only a matter of time you crack it on something..

It's already looking rather squat at the back, check the subframe bushes.
Thanks for the advice! Went for 30mm drop in the end :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've bought some black pressed vintage plates that I want to stick on next.

I'm also looking at updating the exhaust with a new stainless steel one. Any advice on what would be good?

I would also like to get the leather interior looking mint again? Whats the best way to go about restoring it?

Thanks in advance :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts