BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening guys
My timing chain snapped on my 330D e91 just before Christmas and I’m trying to source a new engine as it bent my camshafts and god knows what else.
I’ve stumbled on a 325d e92 for fair money decent mileage but I’m just trying to figure out what the differences are and if it’s possible to put that in my 330d with all my 330D bits and bobs (injectors etc)

thanks guys

·
Registered
743 Posts
The basic engine I would expect to be the same the power increase coming from turbo,injectors and mapping. I think it’s only when you step up to 335d that internals of engine start changing.

have a search in www.realoem.com and check part numbers for cams,pistons and rods see if they are the same in 325 and 330.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
same engine and turb'os etc,only the mapping on n57 cars lci,be cheaper to map the 325d and sell ya old car on,

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still in love with the E91 hence looking at a swap but I’ve read on here some people have tried this before and found a few issues but they never finished the post to say either it worked out or not. Seems the cylinder head is different and just worried that because of the injectors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts