BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to BMW's and have picked up the above from my Dad, i love the car and all is working what i would believe is normally, but i have some concerns.
It has been fully serviced by BMW at (96k) recently with the filter changes etc and noted that the service interval to the next oil change is 11000.

I read somewhere on another forum that these cars have an issue with the inlet manifold? Is this now been fixed on this late model? or do i need to mod it to stop it swallowing the entire valve?

Anyone know anything about this issue?

Any ownership advice would be very welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to BMW's and have picked up the above from my Dad, i love the car and all is working what i would believe is normally, but i have some concerns.
It has been fully serviced by BMW at (96k) recently with the filter changes etc and noted that the service interval to the next oil change is 11000.

I read somewhere on another forum that these cars have an issue with the inlet manifold? Is this now been fixed on this late model? or do i need to mod it to stop it swallowing the entire valve?

Anyone know anything about this issue?

Any ownership advice would be very welcome.
You don't need any special tools to reset the service light, see link

http://iponsel.com/ebook/bmw-instrument-cluster-sia-reset-model-e38e39e46e52e53-manual/2008/01/24/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.