BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
⁸Well... My glass got smashed on the back window of my 316 and it was much cheaper to get a new boot lid. (£20 to £200 is a hell of a difference haha) but anyway the new boot lid is off a 320d. Its fitted fine but for some reason the boot switch won't work! The lad that's wiring it all up for me seems to believe that they are different switches and that's why?🤔🤔 Is this right? Also since taking off the boot none of the in car electricals are working.. windows, washer jets, interior lights. Strange eh.. please help! Any input is welcomed

·
Registered
250 Posts
I dont have much experience with this but, he may be right. Generally you cant use any part from a diesel car on a petrol. The part may be the same but they have variances to make them not fit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also since taking off the boot none of the in car electricals are working.. windows, washer jets, interior lights. Strange eh.. please help! Any input is welcomed
Probably blown fuse or fuses.
If he cut the wires or anything it might have blown a fuse.
That's the first thing I'd check.

Even if the switches are different, if he's experienced doing electrical work he should be able too make it work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts