BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can anyone tell me what psi boost my 2004 model should make and at what revs? I think I have a boost issue but new to these so maybe not.
Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would orde software online that runs on your lap top. You can get ista d on ebay for around £40 with obd2 cable and you will be able to monitor all sensors on the car, including actual boost pressure and target boost pressure. Invaluable piece of kit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eventually got round to ordering this, is there a beginner's guide somewhere? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, installed ista d and inpa and have a dcan lead. Took bloody ages to install with my laptop DVD drive playing up! Anyway, lots of messing around and 10 hours later it's working. Not really looked at inpa but it connects and reads the vin. The GUI of ista is better. Read codes, there was all sorts, cleared them and tested again. Everything cleared except radio (I've put aftermarket in) and outside air temp sensor isn't giving a signal.
So, I assume from this that my dashlight from brake pad wear sensor doesn't get recorded in any ECU? Also, mad was changed by previous owner and never programmed to the car - is this what I've seen online when they reset adaptions? If it's more than this can someone tell me how to do it in ista please.
Is there a way to test the turbo vanes and actuator in the software? It's a 2004 so assume it's electronic?
MOT tomorrow, if it goes through cheap enough I want to fix it all and run it for another year at least. Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Brake warning sensor doesn't log a fault. It also turns off after replacing and driving <100 yards.
It's more like your washer bottle level sensor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts