BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

320d 2010 m sport coupe 184bhp Tunning advice

999 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mcbonio 
#1 ·
Right lads im wanting your help on the BMW tuning. Its my first BMW and I want to know where to start.
Can you get decat pipes and remove the particle filters without custom? also if you can what sort of gains am I looking to get from doing that?
Ive seen a fue things on this site about lads remapping them but I cant see much on the newer cars like mine.
I live on the border of Scotland so I anyone knows of a good tuner near ish for the remap preferably dyno tuned.

One more thing what tyres are you lot running because the bridgestone run flats are lethal in the wet

Any info would be great

#5 ·
From February this year MOT Testers now check to see if the cars are originally fitted with a diesel particulate filter to see if it hasn't been removed - if it has then it's an MOT fail.

These are fitted for a reason to catch diesel soot that is polluting our environment. Your car can 'potentially' loose a bit of power if the filter is blocked, but when and if this happens you need to go have it cleaned out. I wouldn't remove it as you are not going to feel any power increase at all. A lot a people think by removing this you are going to 'unlock' 50 bhp from your engine. You are not, you're just putting money into backstreet exhaust shops pockets.

If you are not happy with the 184 bhp you car is putting out, then you can remap it or get a bigger engined car, don't fall into the useless money pit that is cutting factory bits off to improve performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.