BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
So as title the car all of sudden started to chug on tick over.power down fuel consumption up.no swirl flaps no work done although I topped a/c up which never worked but now does! Took off engine covers and there is vapour (oil?) coming from just behind or below vortex breather.took air filter out and maf pipe,started and vapour is coming out of pipe below air filter housing.turbo spinning and clean and no play.cat changed for aftermarket one 2000 mile ago.vortex breather 5000 ago but not oem
Feels like car is getting air in as when you rev it takes a moment to rise and fall.
Could a leaking rocker cover cause it? Nothing obvious I can see apart from vapour

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
So as title the car all of sudden started to chug on tick over.power down fuel consumption up.no swirl flaps no work done although I topped a/c up which never worked but now does! Took off engine covers and there is vapour (oil?) coming from just behind or below vortex breather.took air filter out and maf pipe,started and vapour is coming out of pipe below air filter housing.turbo spinning and clean and no play.cat changed for aftermarket one 2000 mile ago.vortex breather 5000 ago but not oem
Feels like car is getting air in as when you rev it takes a moment to rise and fall.
Could a leaking rocker cover cause it? Nothing obvious I can see apart from vapour
I doubt a small leak of the rocker cover would give you noticeable changes in power or fuel consumption. Could the symptom of the vapour you're seeing have been present before this problem appeared? It does sound more like an air leak as you suggest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts