BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and would like some advise. I've recently brought a 320cd and thought of buying a tuning box for her. I've had a look around and found this:

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/crd2.php

Spec:

BMW 320 Cd Cabrio 2004/05

Power standard:110 / 150 PS w/Box: 132 / 180 PS

Torque standard:330 Nm w/Box: 370 Nm

They do 3 types and was thinking of the crd2 maximum one, but read on the astra forum the green one is the more common one which also increases economy. Has anyone tried this on a BMW diesel yet?

Any help appreciated.

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and would like some advise. I've recently brought a 320cd and thought of buying a tuning box for her. I've had a look around and found this:

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/crd2.php

Spec:

BMW 320 Cd Cabrio 2004/05

Power standard:110 / 150 PS w/Box: 132 / 180 PS

Torque standard:330 Nm w/Box: 370 Nm

They do 3 types and was thinking of the crd2 maximum one, but read on the astra forum the green one is the more common one which also increases economy. Has anyone tried this on a BMW diesel yet?

Any help appreciated.

HMm.
I will be honest and say I had not heard of this company up until your post!
However I have read their site and a bit about them and they seem to be ok.

I would say a custom remap is infinately preferable......UNLESS you still have BMW warranty remaining and need to remove the box thingy before taking it to the dealership each time...? (though you can get a remap put back to stock easily)

Do you still have warranty?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HMm.
I will be honest and say I had not heard of this company up until your post!
However I have read their site and a bit about them and they seem to be ok.

I would say a custom remap is infinately preferable......UNLESS you still have BMW warranty remaining and need to remove the box thingy before taking it to the dealership each time...? (though you can get a remap put back to stock easily)

Do you still have warranty?
No i don't think i have, standard warrenty is 3 years so i think it would have ran out. I was actually just thinking of trying the box out, it has a 14 day money back garantee. I had a golf with a custom remap made a hude difference but mate brought a box for his golf (same bhp) and paid 1/2 the price compared to my remap and it felt just as good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought i'd mention i've ordered the eco3 system from DTUK, ask them loads of questions to make sure how well it works. They were very helpful and should recieve my tuning box tmr!! Can't wait :)

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Good to hear, keep us informed on your opinions and performance of the car :thumbsup
Definately keep us informed, photo's and an installation guide would be a good addition in the "How To" section:thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts