BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...New to this Forum and Bmw.
Just bought this car and hear an intemittent rattling from the rear exhaust pipe and noticed fuel economy is not great. Done 120 miles on a full tank and already needle nearly on half (mix of motorway/town driving). Noticed back box has a very slight leak...would this be the problem?

Also topped up radiator with water as looked empty and had to top up again in 6 days time with no noticeable leak...what could this be?

And lastly when cold it is hard to get into 1st gear...gets a little easier when warmed up but still not smooth, happens from neutral to 1st gear only.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
If you have an exhaust leak it won't help your engine performance and economy. Get it sorted first, althought I would personally source an OE BMW box (if theyare double skinned on your car) either new or from a BMW breakers rather than any aftermarket unit.

Gear issue could be early symptoms of clutch issues but I would definately have the gearox oil replaced and see how you get on.

As for your radiator, try bleeding the system out first, could be an air lock. However I would be inclined to have a garage pressure test the cooling immediately to pinpoint the cause!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts