BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My washer liquid warning light came on,so as i was at work i topped up with neat water(no screen wash)Where i work is twinned with the North pole,after topping up i tried screen washers and they worked fine.But with out testing the headlight washers.

On going home i noticed the drivers side headlight washer flap seems to be missing! On looking into the opening i can see the black circular nozzle.

Im thinking water may have frozen due to the cold,but have i lost any parts iE. the flap,or has the pop out cookoo style washer got stuck in or something?

Ive had a look on Real oem to see the layout but cant find it!

Any help would be great,also my washer warning light is still on ,even though i topped it up

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! Those diagrams show me the bits.

On the Headlamp washer diagram.I can see part no 10 is missing on my car.
Is there anyway of blowing up (enlarging) part no 8, so i can see if ive lost anything off of that.

Thanks for finding diagrams blowed if i could find that! lol

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep tharts the one! The flap part 10 is not there.So im looking 2 inches in i can see a centremetre wide circular hole.Checked washer tank just now n its empty,even though i filled it other day.Ive filled it again with warm water,as i think all pipework might be frozenup,i can hear the pumps going but no washers screen or headlight.

I think theres something missing off part 8 that goes in the centimetre hole i can see.Hence wanting to enlarge diagram.Ive tried saving it and viewing it in photo viewer,then zooming in ,but its too blocky to see.

Shall i just wait till it thaws,i ve put a strong mix of screen wash n warm water in it?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive had to order a new nozzle n Flap from Bmw.Breakers only want to sell me a complete bumper!!!!

Parts coming Weds.How easy are they to fit? Is nozzle just a push on fit? And is the flap clip on?

Any help appreciated

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Ive had to order a new nozzle n Flap from Bmw.Breakers only want to sell me a complete bumper!!!!

Parts coming Weds.How easy are they to fit? Is nozzle just a push on fit? And is the flap clip on?

Any help appreciated
I do believe they are a push in item and the flap clips on, it's why the nozzle got lost as the water freezes and pushes them off :frown

1 - 10 of 10 Posts