BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
That looks very nice. good work. ;)

I'm a fool, I dive in, take a pic or two of the crap I'm trying to fix and just don't, I suppose I forget to, take pics during the refurb/replacement process! Have to try better .....

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Ordered parts from bmw supply UK but I've had no correspondence or parts from them! Has anyone used them before? The site seems legit. Have I been scammed.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25

Parts arrived today. I've gone for genuine mainly as I intend on keeping her for a couple of years, the price difference wasn't a huge amount to be honest.
So hopefully get some time this weekend to start assembly.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Managed to spend a few hours today on it. New big end bolts in and torqued.
New water hose which I think may have started the problems.

It seems that the vacuum pump is common for leaking so I've fitted a seal kit, you can see the part number if anyone else wants to replace theirs.

So fitted the head and encountered a small problem with the inlet cam assembly. I let the cam push away from the bearing carrier too much so had to get creative to pull the cam down enough to get the nuts on.

So the heads on and torqued up and cams in.
I'll tackle the chain and vanos in the week hopefully.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
She lives!
Took a few cranks but once the oil pressure reached the valve lifters away she went. Settled down to a nice steady idle straight away and really quiet too.
Did a couple of laps of the car park and she drives nice, only problem is I can't get the tyre pressure monitor light to go out. Anyone have similar problems?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts