BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... There cheap but only to you guys.. ! This is the same price main dealers get it for them to re-sale it out..

There is a lot more info on the site about the maps, Please take a look at the FAQ and the news and what we do section. There you should find all there is to know and what we do it how and why etc etc..

We supply a few main dealers over our way mapping everything to Audi RS6
V10 turbo's to motorhomes ..
We offer two mapping. ECO maps and Performance.. Both will give better MPG of driven well one more than the other. Both will improve power response too.Yet again more info on the site. www.motechperformance.co.uk

We are happy to come to you FOC with in 50 miles of our unit. (NN8 1RT) after that we do charge sorry...

Ok the site is a little out of date sorry I know.. were on it..

the list for the BMW's is well 99% of them so just ask for info on your car is its not on the site.. we can do it..

Every thing from a 118d to a 335i , 335d and the new X6..

So just ask.

Hope that helps

Thanks Mike...

·
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi mate how much for a performance remap for my e36 318I 95? and how much will it cost me if you come down to swindon wiltshire and do it?
Hi mate

Thanks for the inrest.. We can only offer re-maps for later car 99+ as they can be flashd through the service port.. You car will need a chip change.. we can offer them but you need to come to use..
Now as a good guy the gains we have done in the past for the N/A they dont see much of a change. Some of the big V8's and v10's do etc...

I would get a cold air in take for it de-cat full system and use good fuel..

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
210 Posts
I might be asking a really stupid question here, but is there the capacity to run two maps? The Eco map mentions it only runs below 50% throttle. Could this not be added to the performance map to give the best of both worlds?

If you want to trial it, I'd be willing... ;-)

·
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes and no.. The best way for it to work is above 50% on power and loud.
With the performance map the boost timing are a bit more agressive and have a higher boost spike etc.. If you drive the car under the 50% it should drive as the car dose now.. try it for 14days if not happy have your $$$$ back lol....

·
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Group buy get over 5 car's and we will do them all for £250 each any BMW..

Thanks Mike

·
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Ken..

Sorry not had two mins to come back to you.. yes there nice get a good mid range kick from them.. Should be about 10% more than what you have now..

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello, can you remap a 2000 reg 318 ci? and if so what is the power gain? also do you do a full scorpian exhaust for a 318ci? and if so the price of it and the power gain?

·
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hello, can you remap a 2000 reg 318 ci? and if so what is the power gain? also do you do a full scorpian exhaust for a 318ci? and if so the price of it and the power gain?

Hi mate.. To tell the truth not worth doing a map may get 8-10hp..

Just use good fuel all the time that will really help..

As for the system its a cat back and will get rid on any flat spots and help the car rev better.

Thanks Mike

·
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does your re-map improve performance of auto gearbox
have 540i se
ken spooner

Hi Ken with will , should also sharpen up the gear changes but will really help with the responce on kick and and quick starts ..

Mike

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,428 Posts
Hi MotechMike

I've been watching this thread with interest as I very nearly got a remap from another company (on my 2005 E60 530d) but some things fell through blah blah.

Anyway, I've been thinking of your offer but something has been nagging me.... Please don't take this the wrong way

This is what I was going to go for at £350

and you offer this at £499 (before offer)

So my question is, and please don't take this the wrong way, why is there a considerable difference in torque? And negligible (but still noticable) difference in bhp?

It's just been bugging as you are very close to a place where I would be working..... When you say -30% off that makes my car's price 350. Or you gonna do it for 250 :D

Looking forward to your reply, Red :)

Erm Mods help, my photobucket images are not coming through can you please advise how to fix? Ta! Red!

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Hi MotechMike

I've been watching this thread with interest as I very nearly got a remap from another company (on my 2005 E60 530d) but some things fell through blah blah.

Anyway, I've been thinking of your offer but something has been nagging me.... Please don't take this the wrong way

This is what I was going to go for at £350

and you offer this at £499 (before offer)

So my question is, and please don't take this the wrong way, why is there a considerable difference in torque? And negligible (but still noticable) difference in bhp?

It's just been bugging as you are very close to a place where I would be working..... When you say -30% off that makes my car's price 350. Or you gonna do it for 250 :D

Looking forward to your reply, Red :)

Erm Mods help, my photobucket images are not coming through can you please advise how to fix? Ta! Red!

Where is the first image from Red?
Its highly likely they are full of sh*t!!

Its very easy to type numbers onto a webpage.....and if they dont offer a dyno then there is no proof at all, so they are just hype.

There are only a few places in the UK I would get my BMW mapped, and Motech is one of them...

That should say a lot!!!

Im sure Mike will chime in

·
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any one can make number's up..

Some car's make more some make less.. Being a BMW D they dont dyno well at too so some people are not sure what numbers to put to press if you like.. Its also about making the car more drivable. Dyno's are a bit of pub talk. we use them really for R&D.

Iam sure the car mapped by use will pull nice smoother and faster than the stock car...

As for the pirce is -30% sorry.. thats a good deal !

Mike

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,428 Posts
Where is the first image from Red?
Its highly likely they are full of sh*t!!

Its very easy to type numbers onto a webpage.....and if they dont offer a dyno then there is no proof at all, so they are just hype.

There are only a few places in the UK I would get my BMW mapped, and Motech is one of them...

That should say a lot!!!

Im sure Mike will chime in
Hi Boostist mate, thanks for the tuppence, and of course, the same to yerself Mike :)

The comparison is from Simon at Emaps www, who I know has been praised by various members on here. So I am not too sure he is talking kak :)

That being said tho, how would I know if one is better than the other? I mean, I was planning to dyno my 530d but now I hear diesels have a bit of bother on the dynos? You what!? Whassat all about then?

How else would I compare before and after remap figures if dyno's are no use for a diesel? Well except for the fuel price going up and the right foot getting heavier :)

So not everyone does a Dyno test at the remap stage? If so, why not? Because it's being thoroughly tested at the R&D lab?

Any opinions gratefully received. Red :confused

·
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Boostist mate, thanks for the tuppence, and of course, the same to yerself Mike :)

The comparison is from Simon at Emaps www, who I know has been praised by various members on here. So I am not too sure he is talking kak :)

That being said tho, how would I know if one is better than the other? I mean, I was planning to dyno my 530d but now I hear diesels have a bit of bother on the dynos? You what!? Whassat all about then?

How else would I compare before and after remap figures if dyno's are no use for a diesel? Well except for the fuel price going up and the right foot getting heavier :)

So not everyone does a Dyno test at the remap stage? If so, why not? Because it's being thoroughly tested at the R&D lab?

Any opinions gratefully received. Red :confused
Not sure on threre work so not for me to say...
I do know they open up the ECU to re-map the car were we flash through the service port...

As for Dyno's Auto's can be a bit funny as a lot of power is lost through the box. also the run off on Diesles to work out the HP numbers can be funny too. Most Dyno's should be set up for each car.. But saying that you will still see a before and after gain...

We us them really for R&D we do this as you need to test the map through all the gear's at many speeds it would be a pain on the road unless you could close the M1 lol....

Hope that help's

:thumbsup

·
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes mate.. But it might just be you lol.:eek. So when every your free.

Mike

1 - 20 of 37 Posts