BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,I have a 2l m sport auto 2005,170000 miles,was changing gear at 5/6 thousand revs,turn slowly round corner would pull away very slow then kick in,then break down,turned it on and off,was good for a month,then did it everyday,in fast lane,back roads,just stopped,turn on and off and get 5 mile put it on laptop,multiple missfires,ecu,Siemens,can't remember rest,anyway had it at bmw twice,told me air flow metre,broke down after,told me fuse missing,broke down,went other garage,told me vanous,checked all ok,changed plugs,changed coil,swirl flap motor,checked valves ok,thought he had it fixed,told me to take it for drive,drove ok,change gear as should around 3500,put foot down and management light came on,and into limp mode,anyone have any clues,thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Do you have equipment so you can get diagnostic codes? Without the codes, you will struggle to diagnose this issue.

·
Registered
114 Posts
We would need diagnostic codes to have any chance of helping you. If you have been to three garages and none of them has offered a solution then they cannot be any good at all. What is the exact model of your car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2005,520i auto sport m1,I've had all codes done,before it went into garage,it didn't change gear 456 until 5/6 thousand revs,I went to garage yesterday,mechanic says it runs and doesn't bring management light on but feels under power below 3000 revs,so I took it drive,ran fine for 3/4 mile then I booted it,straight away light on and limp mode,said he was putting it back on comp,but when u turn car off it will drive fine again till you ask for power,thanks

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
The misfires are usually the coil packs but it would be unusual for 3 to go at the same time. Since you've changed the plugs as well we can probably rule them out. I'd be inclined to check all the connectors in the ebox are seated properly. This has the hallmarks of one of those really annoying glitches which have a trivial underlying cause.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi,I have a 2l m sport auto 2005,170000 miles,was changing gear at 5/6 thousand revs,turn slowly round corner would pull away very slow then kick in,then break down,turned it on and off,was good for a month,then did it everyday,in fast lane,back roads,just stopped,turn on and off and get 5 mile put it on laptop,multiple missfires,ecu,Siemens,can't remember rest,anyway had it at bmw twice,told me air flow metre,broke down after,told me fuse missing,broke down,went other garage,told me vanous,checked all ok,changed plugs,changed coil,swirl flap motor,checked valves ok,thought he had it fixed,told me to take it for drive,drove ok,change gear as should around 3500,put foot down and management light came on,and into limp mode,anyone have any clues,thanks
do you know what are kid i think its always best to use a proper bmw code reader , if you love bms invest in one cos these garages are rip off merchants you would be able to diagnose other cars near you or friends and save in the long run

1 - 10 of 10 Posts