BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, two issues to describe, this is the second of two (to keep the issues separate), as, regrettably has been my experience over the years, service dept yet to find an issue, so interested in thoughts here.

4 weeks old, <500 miles on the clock

Car has front and rear side parking sensors and active pdc emergency brake assist which puts the brakes on if it detects something in proximity.
Intermittently I'm getting false alarms from the front side sensors when reversing (not instantly, they think something is there and as I continue to reverse the it believes I'm getting closer to something invisible!) , meaning the brakes are rammed on by the ECU as it believes there's something in proximity to one of the sides. Stop the car and wait 10-20 seconds, then the false alarm disappears. Strikes me as dodgy sensors (in spite of being new), but as per usual, plugged in to computer at dealer and no fault detected, therefore musn't be a problem.

Embarrassing when you're in a car park and stop suddendly; downright dangerous when you're trying to quickly pull out on a road!
It's booked in to be checked yet again, but curious if anyone else has had this happen, even if not on the same model.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Is this fault too intermittent to demonstrate to the Service Advisor at your dealership?

After you Stop the car and wait 10-20 seconds, then the false alarm disappears will it happen again if you drive forward, and then reverse? In other words how many times would you have to go forwards and backwards to get the fault to materialise again in front of a mechanic, etc?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts