BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I pick up my misses 120d 190bhp on Friday. Lovely car. I just have a few questions.

I have owned a fare few fast cars in my short time of driving. Cars including Audi s3 audi s4 bmw m3 bmw 335d and this is car will now be shared between the misses and i. The car has a warranty but can anyone recommend a tuning box for a little more like. Also how reliable are these engines gearbox to tuning?

Also the car has all the specs we need nav auto gearbox I drive etc etc however it doesn't have rear parking sensors which bugs the hell out of me. Company I'm picking the car up from is charging me 300 quid to get it fitted. Do you guys think this is a good price or are there better cheaper aftermarket sensors?

Many thanks guys

·
Registered
148 Posts
Can’t comment on the engine part of your question I’m afraid. I have only had 6 cylinder diesels so far, current one being 530d GT.

In regards to the sensors that sounds like a fair price, especially if they incorporate it into the iDrive. I had aftermarket ones fitted to a VW years back and with colour matching and installation at a place convenient for me it ended up costing about the same.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
recommend a tuning box for a little more
Don't go for an external tuning box, talk to @bwchiptune on here or search for the website, a remap might release a few more bhp :)
Though you might have to consider waiting till the warranty expires...

No reversing sensors? But has satnav/auto box, sounds a little weird!

£300 sounds about right, there are plenty of hits on the webby thing, will that be one that shows on the screen or not? If not then swerve and avoid.
Also I thought nearly everything came with reversing sensors these days, front sensors still a bit rare.
Thought the 120d was 184bhp?
Fill in your car details, might enable people to help more :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts