BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Bimmer,I'm new here and about to take the plunge into a low mileage 2016 430 gran coupe. It has all I'm after except the headlamps are Xenon. how or where do I go abot an LED conversion without spending thousands ??

Any help much appreciated

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don’t think it’s possible to convert without spending a bundle on it. The xenons are more than good enough for the job. I have swapped cars consecutively one with xenons and the next with adaptive LED. Same model, so the comparison is as close as possible (second one I bought was very well specced, hence the change) and the good thing about the adaptive LED is the high beam. It creates a black spot for other cars. Xenons do have higher light output though. I wouldn’t be disappointed with either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Filipov, I'm looking at 2016 430d, awsome spec and power. Are they any good? I'll be driving it for 4 years if I do but it. It's also got 22 months left on a bmw dealer warranty

·
Registered
2017 F32 440i MSport
62 Posts
I had Xenon’s on my 2012 E92 320d and they were very good, never had any complaints during night driving. My 2017 F32 440i has the LED lights, although they seem to have a cleaner light on dip, o don’t think there is much in it at all. So the newer xenon’s would be fine in my book.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well I’ve only had 2 BMWs so far, both 5 series GT. My first one was a 530d and now I’ve got a 535d. You won’t be disappointed by the 430d. You get a lot of power and due to lower weight than mine excellent economy. A friend of mine used to have a 330d and he used to get in the 50s for mpg when he wanted to just cruise. Go for it, you won’t be disappointed. What is the spec on it if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And generally the 430 is a solid platform and good engine? It's low mileage(verified) and superb spec
Well I’ve only had 2 BMWs so far, both 5 series GT. My first one was a 530d and now I’ve got a 535d. You won’t be disappointed by the 430d. You get a lot of power and due to lower weight than mine excellent economy. A friend of mine used to have a 330d and he used to get in the 50s for mpg when he wanted to just cruise. Go for it, you won’t be disappointed. What is the spec on it if you don’t mind me asking?
It's an m sport pro plus pack with Harmon Kardon speakers and heated electrical seats and M Sport adaptive suspension. 19 inch alloys too 65k km(little over 40k miles)

·
Registered
216 Posts
And generally the 430 is a solid platform and good engine? It's low mileage(verified) and superb spec

It's an m sport pro plus pack with Harmon Kardon speakers and heated electrical seats and M Sport adaptive suspension. 19 inch alloys too 65k km(little over 40k miles)
As long as you are happy with it and the spec has everything you need then nothing else matters. Go for it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
see facebook,folk like CYLED,,and others do retrofit lighting..all sorts,interior also etc etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts