BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Puma case is when a car goes back for repair for a known fault, it tells garage how to fix the fault, but in my case it failed again, I had to have all drain pipes replaced and re routed, the Puma case tell them to drill hole under skirt both sides where drains are. Have you taken your battery cover off and checked bay? And put your back windows down dry to see if they come back up wet
Thank you for the reply and information. I haven't taken off the battery cover yet. I dont drive my car during the week as I work long hours and get back late. It's been a little wet so haven't been able to do the window test yet. I had a brief look in the boot with a torch last night and there was actually a little mould now beginning to form on the interior!

The car is going in on monday but I want to be as informed as possible to argue that this is clearly a design fault.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you for the reply and information. I haven't taken off the battery cover yet. I dont drive my car during the week as I work long hours and get back late. It's been a little wet so haven't been able to do the window test yet. I had a brief look in the boot with a torch last night and there was actually a little mould now beginning to form on the interior!

The car is going in on monday but I want to be as informed as possible to argue that this is clearly a design fault.
All the carpet around wheel arch was wet and sponge insulation right in corner where mechanisms are. I’d look soon as lots of electrics there, the pic is battery area wher all that arch was wet

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've just been out and tried to have a quick look but I can't pull up the covering enough. I managed to pull up part of it and it's definitely wet down there. The sponge is not soaking but it is slightly damp. I am going to try and get in reasonably early tomorrow and have a go at at least trying to get some of the water out.

·
Registered
30 Posts

[/Q
I've just been out and tried to have a quick look but I can't pull up the covering enough. I managed to pull up part of it and it's definitely wet down there. The sponge is not soaking but it is slightly damp. I am going to try and get in reasonably early tomorrow and have a go at at least trying to get some of the water out.
there was approx 2 gallon in my battery bay, garage drilled a hole to let it escape and put anti corrosion on it. My car is in Cooper Teesside at the mo if your dealer needs any info mate

·
Registered
30 Posts
there was approx 2 gallon in my battery bay, garage drilled a hole to let it escape and put anti corrosion on it. My car is in Cooper Teesside at the mo if your dealer needs any info mate
My roof stopped retracting but unlocked as water damaged window regulator, lots of amps and speakers damaged on other cars

·
Registered
30 Posts
My rdc has failed but so far nothing else. Fingers crossed nothing else goes by Monday.
Good luck, I complained to head of business then ops director at cooper and inchcape, they put a case together on my behalf to bmw Uk and I got my credit, otherwise it would have cost me £1056 and that was just 50% labour, my car has full bmw service so they’re good with goodwill, if you get battery cover off and water in bay I’d drill a hole as not good water splashing around there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good luck, I complained to head of business then ops director at cooper and inchcape, they put a case together on my behalf to bmw Uk and I got my credit, otherwise it would have cost me £1056 and that was just 50% labour, my car has full bmw service so they’re good with goodwill, if you get battery cover off and water in bay I’d drill a hole as not good water splashing around there.
Thanks. I will come back and post an update as soon as. I will not be letting it go as it is not a cheap car and it is clearly a problem which BMW need to acknowledge and do a recall to sort it. It is clearly a design fault. Thanks again for all your help

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks. I will come back and post an update as soon as. I will not be letting it go as it is not a cheap car and it is clearly a problem which BMW need to acknowledge and do a recall to sort it. It is clearly a design fault. Thanks again for all your help
No problem, I totally agree it should be a recall, loads of videos on you tube too

·
Registered
8 Posts
No problem, I totally agree it should be a recall, loads of videos on you tube too
So, I've had the car back from BMW. They said that they had modified the drains and that I should not have the problem again. However, they did not deal with the RDC failure. I took it back to them and they now want £345.00 to replace the RDC module as they are saying it has nothing to do with the confirmed water ingress.

Can anyone confirm where the RDC module or antennae is?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts