BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing issues with my offside parking light and would like advice some advice before I go down the more expensive route.

At this time when the sidelights are switched on the ns works fine and the os does not light. I checked with a multimeter there is no voltage coming to the bulb.

Please note, before this failed I was getting failure/clear/failure/clear and the bulb was flickering until it stopped working normally.

I would appreciate any advise and thank you in advance and apologise if this has already been covered in another post

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Can man:

Bulb - works fine in the nearside holder
Wires - Checked the cables leading to the bulb holder - no obvious breaks, wire feels smooth, not trapped.
Fuses - 40 and 57 checked in the front and are both OK - not had chance to check the rear fuses (should they need checking)

I checked the wiring diagram which unsurprisingly is not much use and all roads lead to Rome, well one of the ECUs.
Could this need a simple error reset?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it checked out today when in for its oil service. The wiring near the os wheel arch is significantly corroded/damaged and lucky to only have 1 light out by the looks of it (what a great design........) so is being replaced.

Thank you all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts