BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone here can help. I'm collecting a 2013 F11 on monday, I'm certain it doesn't have xenons as it shows the levelling switch inside the car, and from the photos the lights look particularly yellow.

So I'd like to plan ahead and source some replacement bulbs with a higher kelvin so I can try and get away from the yellowing somewhat. However, I've tried to look using the registration and I'm getting various results, so my first question is does anybody happen to have the handbook close by that could confirm what all of the bulbs are?

The second question is does anybody have any recommendations of bulbs I should be considering? I haven't had a car without LED or xenons for some time so I'm out of touch.

Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good luck with “upgraded” bulbs, i gave up using them years ago, I found they only last between 6-12 months, I tried Philips, Osram etc, none last anywhere near as long as the standard bulbs.
My work mate had the same experience, he’s got a 2009 Jag XF, the head lights are absolutely rubbish he said, so he spent £40/50 on new upgraded bulbs all round, and he was buying new ones after 6 months

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
You probably did just get lucky Johnny. The way those nightbreakers work is they simply run them hot. Does tend to shorten the lifespan though. Even then they don't compare to xenons or LEDs in terms of simple light output. In their favour though the emitted spectrum from the halogens falls in a good place as far as your eye's sensitivity goes. You effectively get more visibility from comparatively less light. Compromises either way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts