BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Right so finally a time for a bit of an update I guess.. Although not complete after a couple set backs.

Gave the car a clean up at a friends house, nothing amazing, paint still needs correcting but gave the black paint a boost and now the car beads in the rain.

Ordered some tyres from Tyre Leader. Ordered Toyo Proxes T1 Sports, but only my 2 fronts have arrived so far. 245/35/19 for the front and I am due 2 275/35/19 for the rear.

Picked up my wheels from my friend Jake over at MJR Vehicle Repairs in Canvey Island, Essex who painted the wheels 2K Super Black.

Anyway I popped to my mate Beau's house for some coilover fitting none the less. Bunch of photos from the day which took longer as most of his tools were at his work.

Bumper Damage from an inconsiderate **** somewhere along the line.

So this is how the car sits currently..

I did buy 15mm spacers for the front at 12mm for the rear but the front is scrubbing on the shock slightly so jumping up a size and putting the 15mm spacers on the rear to equal it out.

Hopefully my 2 rear tyres turn up as soon as possible and I am currently driving with odd wheels

Discussion starter · #23 ·
So I spent yesterday at a mates house, trimmed back some of the arch moulding and rear arch skim to stop the scrubbing, also removed the 15mm spacers for now.

Few pics.

Took the front plate off and attempted to start removing the doubled sided tape left over but it was stuck on tough. So acquired a toffee wheel at work and will remove it that way later on today. Everywith was sanded and smoothed off and the mouldings were put back on tiger seal where cut and cable ties for now for the holes where the plastic rivets were, ordering those from BMW.

With the rear spacers off the car actually feels better in corners on the A roads to.

Will be getting cleaned up Friday for Goodwood on Saturday for players classic event.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Went to Goodwood Motor Circuit yesterday.

Cleaned the car briefly Friday after work..

Couple from the show that I have came across..

This photo was taken before the wheels were wiped down. Oh and I forgot to apply tyre shine. Amateur mistake.

Have bought an oil filter from BMW and some Millers Oil from OpieOils so will get that changed this week. Will get a tyre changed over and hopefully get my new plastic pop rivets put in this week too.

This Saturday coming I am heading to Waterstock in Oxford for a show too.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.