BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

You have probably been asked this a million times so sorry from the outset. I am struggling to figure out if my iPhone 4 should be able to connect via the USB and the aux slot. I took the cheep option and got the y-cable from e-bay which does not seem to work, could it be the cable?

Company car so not spoken to a sales person to ask.

Cheers - Andy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I press the audio button and select USB it does nothing. The iPhone is on 4.1 and jailbroken however I have also tried an unjailbroken iPhone with no joy. Tried the iPhone cable to the USB port and then the y-cable I got from e-bay?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorted, a friend of myn took his car into the garage and asked a sales guy, as soon as he said iPhone and eBay he said it would be the cable. My same friend was given an original y-cable when he got his car some time ago but never used it so said I could have it, plugged it in and all working.

Additional to hopefully help others, my iPhone 4 is jailbroken on 4.1.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I have iPhone 4 running 4.3.1. Just bought 2008 335i ht conv. It has the USB and aux input. I bought the oem iPod cable but I can't get the car to recognize the iPhone. Bluetooth fine. Wondered if you could confirm the part number you bought? I bought part 61120440812. Interestingly the part number on the middle section of the actual cable shows 0440796. Wanted to see if you have the same part. Trying to figure out if i have a cable problem, an aux/USB problem or what. Any info would be much appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi adsafc1973, I dint buy the cable I got it from a friend FOC. The number is the same as yours on the middle section of my cable. Should work fine my phone is on 4.3.1 and jailbroken is no issues.

Thanks - Andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dont know if any one can help me? i have 05 bmw 120d m sport e87 and it has the aux cable but cant seem to locate the usb port it has aux cable i rang bmw customer services beacuse i want to link my iphone to the BT i could see previous owners phones connected but mine wont give me option to pair she said i need to download new software on flash drive and plug it in to usb port but no clue any help out there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dont know if any one can help me? i have 05 bmw 120d m sport e87 and it has the aux cable but cant seem to locate the usb port it has aux cable i rang bmw customer services beacuse i want to link my iphone to the BT i could see previous owners phones connected but mine wont give me option to pair she said i need to download new software on flash drive and plug it in to usb port but no clue any help out there?

Figured The BT issue out now if i input a 13 nav disc in will it update it fro the postcode capability or will it screw it up current disc in there is original one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts