BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting DPF, EGR delete and remap. Told i should expect 210hp and 450nm torque. Would my standard clutch, flywheel and gearbox be able to withstand such power, Has anyone had this done?

·
Registered
33 Posts
ECO tune per chance?
I've just been in to see the guys myself if it was, just bought a 2010 116D with 115 bhp, been told to expect around 204 bhp with just a remap, will be getting it done next month once I've had a chance to change box and diff oil.
I see no reason why your trans clutch won't be ok, obviously depends on the way you drive it.
Dump the clutch at 4000 rpm and drive it like it's stolen ... Mucho problems expected, for me I just want more power and don't intend to shock load the transmission with drag starts so I don't envisage problems, having a significant increase in torque would naturally show up clutch wear more quickly .... Worth a possible earlier clutch change for the added grin factor IMHO
If I get mine done before you I'll let you know and you can come for a run, I work in Glasgow .
Logan

·
Registered
134 Posts
ECO tune per chance?
I've just been in to see the guys myself if it was, just bought a 2010 116D with 115 bhp, been told to expect around 204 bhp with just a remap, will be getting it done next month once I've had a chance to change box and diff oil.
I see no reason why your trans clutch won't be ok, obviously depends on the way you drive it.
Dump the clutch at 4000 rpm and drive it like it's stolen ... Mucho problems expected, for me I just want more power and don't intend to shock load the transmission with drag starts so I don't envisage problems, having a significant increase in torque would naturally show up clutch wear more quickly .... Worth a possible earlier clutch change for the added grin factor IMHO
If I get mine done before you I'll let you know and you can come for a run, I work in Glasgow .
Logan
forgive me ... but ... I very much dought you will see 204bhp from a stage 1 remap on a 116d

·
Vendor
4,355 Posts
Here's a 318d E90 which has the same engine as yours 143bhp
On the other tuners Dyno it made 192 Bhp and was going into limp
on my Dyno there tune made 170bhp
We programmed it back to standard and it made 136bhp
we then tuned it our way and got 184bhp and more important was more torque through the rev range with no limp mode

Kev13 had his 118d remapped to 220bhp on a well know tuners Dyno that over reads and on mine it made there remap made 170ish Bhp

http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=91610

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
Dyno Dynamics rolling road
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs
New and fully refurbished BMW Ecus and Cas units
BMW Keys made and cut same day
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (key set from a different car)
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars
DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal

0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well I've had it chipped, showed 130 bhp before the chip and 203 Bhp after so my guess is their Dyno maybe over reading by somewhere around 12%
I'm very well aware that many Dyno's over read, but that's irrelevant, what the dyno does show is the difference from before to after,
On mine it's 50% more torque
What's more important is what you feel through the seat of your pants, and mines telling me that the cars much faster, and I've no limp home mode it runs very well which is what you would expect from a reputable company. Whether I've 175 or 180 bhp it's certainly in the ballpark, and is a very good increase from the standard 115 bhp
I didn't go there expecting unrealistic figures, just a sensible increase and that's exactly what I got.
Highly recommend the guys at ecotune as soon as you walk through the door you can see its a professional outfit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts