BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just charged my battery and reconnected it all back up as I was getting the battery warning message.

Prior to removing the battery all was working fine however, after reconnecting the battery the driver and passenger front windows will not go up using the one touch function but will come down. Also the lights won't come on when the vehicle is unlocked.

I've tried re-initialising the windows using the lowering method and then holding for a few seconds, closing the window and holding for a few seconds at the top. I've tried this in various forms including the 4 button press when fully open none of which work. Once the windows are both fully closed after trying these methods they won't open again for about 10 mins. When I attempt to open the window I get nothing but when I try to close it (already in the fully closed position) I can hear it reacting.

Any help.would be appreciated on this.

Thanks

Naz

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I’ve just come across this same issue after a battery replacement. Did you ever find the fix for this? I’ve been resetting my windows a few times but still no joy, hopefully it’s not too difficult to fix

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lights not coming on when you unlock is a classic symptom of a battery low on charge. Have you made sure it’s fully charged up and not faulty? Mine sat still for two weeks recently and I had the low battery warning and things like welcome lights stopped working. A good drive and a charge fixed it. Low batteries cause havoc on the electrics in these cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lights all work fine, just the windows not working correctly and timing out. Battery was brand new and did have full charge. After a lot of research it seems like it could be the frm that has gone faulty, I got someone looking at it tomorrow to see if it’s responding how it’s supposed to

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lights all work fine, just the windows not working correctly and timing out. Battery was brand new and did have full charge. After a lot of research it seems like it could be the frm that has gone faulty, I got someone looking at it tomorrow to see if it’s responding how it’s supposed to
Good shout. Forgot about the FRM. Is that the one down by the footwell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts