BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm new to the forum and I'm after some information on transferring music from the glovebox USB drive to the HDD of the car. I have a 2011 318d Exclusive with Sat Nav, but I just cant transfer the files.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Nope you can't use that USB to install music files on your HDD ( as far as I am aware ) I certainly can't, in my 2013 F30, but you can update your sat Nav in that drive

You can play music from a USB stick from the socket below your arm rest, but you can't save music on the HDD.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
I have a 2009 E90 with the idrive
To import music whether from a CD or USB is the same principle. Once you start to play the CD or USB

Press the menu button, select CD/Multimedia...
You should get a music collection menu...
In that menu you should see USB...
Scroll down to USB...
Press option button...
You should get another menu...
Scroll down this menu and you should get an option to import music from USB... Press ok and the import process should start

This in the same process when importing music from a CD

One flaw I've found is if you import a file that you've mixed yourself, you'll find it doesn't flow through the tracks as you'd expect... There's about a second delay between the tracks

Hope this helps:thumbsup

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank for the reply. I've got the Business Nav unfortunately. I'm probably going to buy a different radio to be honest. It's a nightmare connecting through the AUX cable. I use USB a lot and I'm can't do anything with the glovebox connector

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.