BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 120d M Sport developed a clutch judder at about 8,000 miles but has now done 130,000, trouble free, juddering miles since then without a replacement clutch or flywheel, it has now developed a strange vibration that I can feel through my left foot when the clutch pedal is depressed about 2inches from the end of its travel. there is no accompanying noises, clicks, boings or roughness and the biting point, gear selection and clutch operation are not affected. The vibration is more distinct when changing up from 1st to 2nd and then to 3rd and tends to die away when changing into higher gears, it doesn't do it when changing down or on release of the clutch either only when the clutch is depressed. I can only describe the vibration as like treading on a spring which stops oscillating after a few seconds. It stops when everything is really hot after about 40miles of motorway travel.

As I have been quoted between £800 to £1000 to replace the flywheel / clutch unit then I don't want to do this unless there is a chance of a breakdown.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem or any idea whether if left the unit will fail on me

1 - 1 of 1 Posts