BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I replaced all the main beam and dipped beam bulbs with Philips XtremeVision bulbs as the previous owner put in cheap bulbs that were of a different colour/poor quality. Was fine for the first 10 miles, then I got a message "Side/daytime lights fault" constantly popping up at random times, about every 1 - 5 minutes. I've checked all lights, all work fine including the angel eyes?

Check Control also shows a "Headlight vertical aim control failure" message.

Obviously I've done something when changing the main beam/dipped beam bulbs - but what could have I done? Thanks for advice in advance!

Car Vehicle Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle Technology

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Well every so often the auto check feature sends a ping to the bulbs, it's sometimes seen when people replace a regular bulb with something that draws a lot less, like LEDs for instance, any replacement bulbs need to either draw the same as the original - or if the LEDs have something like labelled canbus suitable, or mention of a resistor added so the amount seen to be needed is the same, I believe you can turn this auto check off.

Vertical aim control sounds like you may have disconnected something or a link popped out of the control arm, do all auto adjust when the lights come on in the dark?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.