BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Another bug has developed with my car, anyone experienced this?

I'm having trouble starting the car when it's warm. When it's hot (up to 30 mins) it starts instantly. When it's cold (usually upwards of 2.5 hours) it starts instantly. But when it's been say for between 30 mins and 2.5 hours it tends to turn over a lot before starting. It's not failed to start (let) but does take a good few goes before it splutters into life.

Has anyone experienced this? What did you do to fix?

I've recently fixed my hesitation problem with a set of new spark plugs (idiot mechanic who said he changed them a year ago had lied, so I've been chasing a problem since then that didn't exist!!), so they're not the problem. Coil Packs were changed 1 year ago (although have been running on bad spark plugs since then) but I didn't think these would only affect warm starts if they were faulty.

Any Ideas? :)

Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to take my laptop down sometime soon and test it, I only seem to have my laptop on me when it's cold so I've not been in a position to check the codes immediately afterwards! If this completely fails will it be catastrophic?

It's so weird, it's without fail, if it's hot, starts. Cold, starts, warm, splutters to life.

Could the low pressure fuel sensor not cause this then? I'm having absolutely no other performance issues so reluctant to change things that aren't actually broken!

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
460 Posts
If the crank sensor fails car wont start as it pairs with the cam sensor to make sure the valves etc are in the correct place. New one fitted and all will be good.(If thats the problem but get it read instead of random fixes!).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts