BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

Could some kind soul please run me through the steps involved in bluetooth pairing instructions? I want to pair my 116d (2009) with my iPhone 4. The only instructions I can find are here:BMW Bluetooth interface : Vehicle selection

but I am at a loss for how to even start! Like, where or what is the Main Menu? Is it the car or radio menu?

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Thanks,
simon,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! Sorry, I should have given more details.

It's non-iDrive and it's the Business stereo.

Any ideas?

thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First step for Bluetooth pairing

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how to get to Step 0, the step prior to the first step listed in the pairing instructions here? It's for a 1 series, 2009, non iDrive, Business stereo.

1. In vehicle:
Enable "Bluetooth": "Main menu" -> "Telephone" -> "Option" -> "Bluetooth" -> "Bluetooth" on.
Pair new device: "Main menu" -> "Telephone" -> "Add new device"

2. On mobile device:
Enable "Bluetooth" and start pairing:
"Settings" -> "General" -> "Bluetooth" on. Mobile phone will automatically start searching for Bluetooth-devices in range.
Select "BMW xxxxx" device from the list of Bluetooth devices found.

3. Passkey entry vehicle and on mobile device (depending on the entry command prompt):
Enter identical passkey in car and mobile phone. Note: Complete pairing within 30 seconds or repeat procedure. "Data Communication" and/ or "Bluetooth-Audio" can be selected if compatibility is given and using desired.
Note: System holds a maximum of four devices. Delete devices via "Options" and select "Remove from list" if required.

4. On mobile device:
"PIN" must be four digits and press "OK".
The device is now registered (paired).
Information about Bluetooth pairing will be found in the instruction manual of the mobile device.

Thanks!

simon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Those instructions are for a Proffessional unit where the 'MENU' button can be found top corner. So what makes you think you have factory bluetooth? AFAIK, they on come on the Prof, CCC, and CIC options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Does Bluetooth only work with the Professional stereo? I have a Business stereo, and the voice icon and phone icon are on the steering wheel, but thus far have been unable to work out how to pair my iPhone. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got an idea...why don't you ring a dealer and give them your VIN? They will be able to tell you if you have it...which I very much doubt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts