BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi to all, i am new to BMW and this forum, we bought an X5 xdrive 35sd on a 59 plate 6weeks ago and we have only been getting 27mpg but managed to get 29 in "manual" mode last week on a trip to Wales these figures are both on a run and a way off BMW's, have read on a forum that the dpf can get blocked and you need to "burn" it out, have tried but dosen't seem to have worked, can anyone help cos if we can't get the mpg up it will have to go as we don't have a fuel tanker in the garden?

·
Registered
48 Posts
27 - 29 is not bad for a 4x4 i have a 2003 3.0d x5 if i drive it normal 60/70 mph i will get near 500 miles to a full tank which is not bad i had a toyota landcruiser before and for the same money i was only getting about 400 miles to the tank

·
Registered
138 Posts
The trip computer in mine is pessimistic to the tune of around 3+ mpg so I would try doing a tank to tank and work it out the old fashioned way. I thought mine was way of till I did that and mine was actually getting 32-33 mpg!!

Someone suggested it was due to the dynamic pack on mine with the 20" alloys throwing the comp out. Don't know if thats right or wrong though.

Mine will do around 600 miles from a tank and I have the pic to prove it!!! lol

Reactions: paul300073
1 - 3 of 3 Posts