BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have cream leather interior and the drivers seat has a small area, in the centre of the seat, where the leather has flaked. It is only 10 or 15 small specs over an area about 3'' in diameter. I thought it was a dirt patch at first, but after cleaning it darkened where the leather cleaner 'wetted' the flaked spots.

Has anyone had any experience of getting covers replaced under warranty. I know leather does wear, but I thought it would last longer than 18 months and 20k miles!!!

Cheers

·
Banned
137 Posts
I have cream leather interior and the drivers seat has a small area, in the centre of the seat, where the leather has flaked. It is only 10 or 15 small specs over an area about 3'' in diameter. I thought it was a dirt patch at first, but after cleaning it darkened where the leather cleaner 'wetted' the flaked spots.

Has anyone had any experience of getting covers replaced under warranty. I know leather does wear, but I thought it would last longer than 18 months and 20k miles!!!

Cheers
18 months is basically new, afraid I don't personally know depends on what warranty you have TBH.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
that is a defect in the leather i would have thought. at 20k and 18 months - the seats have had no wear - go back to the dealer and insist

1 - 4 of 4 Posts