BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got a simple question regarding the new X5. There is a option that after clicking the auto remote control (unlocking the car) the angel eyes headlights flash on. I am just wondering whether there is a significant electricity consumption involved, since the engine is not running and the battery is thereby squeezed. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your concern over flattening the battery? if so the battery will have plenty of reserve power as standard.
the point is that the car is my dads and he used the "flattening battery"/"immense electricity consumption" argument. I saw the feature and I totally loved it. So I am just seeking for an argument to convince him. thanks.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
the point is that the car is my dads and he used the "flattening battery"/"immense electricity consumption" argument. I saw the feature and I totally loved it. So I am just seeking for an argument to convince him. thanks.
Is he considering having the feature turned off then?(As it can be IIRC)

It won't use loads of power and endanger the starting of the car, if it did you'd need a new battery as it would be knackered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.