BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post on here lurked many times previously but always was greeted with the "exceeded the daily limit to view threads" so I finally decided to open an account. Well onto the issue;

Picked up a TCU, Mic and Bluetooth antenna - installed everything in my 08 X3 which was fairly straight forward as all connectors are slotted so you can't really make a mistake.

My phone (iPhone 6s) picked the bluetooth device up right away, paired flawlessly - phonebook downloaded and I placed a call. Worked fine and I placed another call. However, comes to the 3rd or 4th call and I make the call however there is no sound coming out of the speakers. The other side says they can hear me but I can't hear them. If i try the 'sneezing' man on the steering wheel to get the BMW voice guy to come on I can't even hear him.

As soon as I stop the phone function the audio system returns to radio/cd/aux and it works no problem. Issue appears to be when I switch back to Phone and it doesn't want to pass any sound through the car audio. If I unpair the phone and pair again it appears to work hit or miss for a few times and then back to the no sound issue on the phone side.

Anyone have any idea whats going on? I highly doubt I screwed up hooking this thing up as I said all the connectors are slotted so you can't really make a mistake. Am I missing something on the coding side? Im hoping some of you gurus can shed some light for me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts