BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, thanks for allowing me to join your forum.
I have the new 120d m sport 3 door hatch, its white and has the upgrade alloys, xenon lights,power folding mirrors, electric seats,pretty much looks the bomb.
I wanted it faster than even the updated engine which was 177bhp,350 nm torque.
Bought a tuning box with its own adjustment cost £100 from carperformancepartsuk.com, it comes set to 215 bhp,410nm torque , the car is transformed.
When i turn the power up and to be honest even they don`t know what it increases to or by what amount per full turn of the adjustment screw, the engine vibrates when using low revs and the torques power,off the mark its screaming hot even with traction control on i get wheel spins ,its mad.
The point of my thread is to ask can i get more power with a remap and who is claiming the highest increases per buck spent.
I am as you guys likely are concerned about the vibrating when i turn the adjuster screw up but more is better i believe and i don`t want to turn it down.
Does anyone have one of these tuning boxes with its own adjustment, are they dangerous just fooling the engine with fuel/air increases or what .
I,would love to hear, read your thoughts guys .Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi mate,

Personally on a 20,000+ car like yours i would not stick a £100.00 tuning box on it! My friend a one on his 1.9cdti Astra but this is a company car so he is not bothered if it goes bang but when he took it to be rolling road although it came out a 203 bhp with 350 torque they said it was all over the place and not that safe

Personally i would get it done properly with a remap.. i have posted a link where i got mine done and it shows good results for your car... they will do a before and after rolling road to ensure you get a good power curve and its all safe too!!

The guys at this place raved about the diesels... and you will get slightly better mpg

http://www.evolveyourcar.com/results.asp?make=BMW&model=1+Series+E87&variant=&x=97&y=21

This just my opinion but hope it helps!

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.