BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as my current list of projects is dwindling it's finally time that I got around to refurbishing the alloy wheels on my E91 after Lazylegs's confrontation with a kerb a few months ago...

I will not be attempting this job myself as I want them powder coated and not painted to give a more durable finish, I also want them a different colour to offset the colour of the bodywork. I have spoken to a couple of people about this, but I am after some opinions.

This is the car..

These are the wheels - 18" MV3's

And finally these are some of the colours that I am considering - NOT new wheels, just a refurb...:thumbsup

The one on the right...
Or the centre colour of these wheels...

But I think that I am liking these quite a bit and think that they would look good on a Titanium Silver car..

Basically a darker "gun metal grey" sort of colour and a gloss finish....
Opinions please guys....:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
I do like a gunmetal grey, but not sure how that would look on a silver car :confused

Just as a matter of interest, I was at a powder coater I know recently and he had coated some wheels in a Chrome finish. Looked exactly like the real thing!

Whatever colour, JUST KEEP THEM AWAY FROM THOSE KERBS! :hihi

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do like a gunmetal grey, but not sure how that would look on a silver car :confused

Just as a matter of interest, I was at a powder coater I know recently and he had coated some wheels in a Chrome finish. Looked exactly like the real thing!

Whatever colour, JUST KEEP THEM AWAY FROM THOSE KERBS! :hihi
Keep them away from the WIFE you mean... She has been too scared to drive it recently after that incident.:frown

Has cost me a fortune though, as we have had to buy her a bigger car instead.:confused Cheaper to keep refurbishing the rims;)

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
The Matt he is referring to is Matt Neal, the BTCC guy, who is a Director of Team Dynamics, the refurb part of the business is Rimfurbish. Based in West Brom IIRC.

Don't forget Paul who did Steve's BBS split rims http://www.1stclassalloys.co.uk/Index.aspx

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Was just gonna post the link up. Kev, they would look awsome in the E39 M5 shadow chrome finish.....:cool
Another vote for the shadow chrome finish...:thumbsup

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
Very little point in me making a choice Kevin, been looking at different wheels for near on 12 months and still can decide, will end up changing the car before the wheels but looking at the pics I do like the gunmetal, tomorrow might be different!

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Very little point in me making a choice Kevin, been looking at different wheels for near on 12 months and still can decide, will end up changing the car before the wheels but looking at the pics I do like the gunmetal, tomorrow might be different!
You just cant decide between csls and LMs :hihi:hihi just keep checking ebay/pistoneheads and let the price make the decision :thumbsup

I only bought my 18s csls as they were too good a price to miss ;)

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
You just cant decide between csls and LMs :hihi:hihi just keep checking ebay/pistoneheads and let the price make the decision :thumbsup

I only bought my 18s csls as they were too good a price to miss ;)
Your right mate, shouldn't be so had a decision. :hihi

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
He may take a while, but he always gets back to people Kevin. :thumbsup
He sure does....:D

Please note: With all our full refurbs, I offer a full 2 year guarantee, on the Powder Coat finish that we apply.. Adding peace of mind, to your investment during the refurbishments..

The quote for a set of 18" wheel is about £50+vat/rim + any repair/straightening that may be required...

Just got to get myself some spare alloys and they are off for a refurbishment:thumbsup

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Reading the guys reputation thats a fantastic offer for forum members, why oh why does that always happen when I'm skint :frown:thumbsup

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Just got to get myself some spare alloys and they are off for a refurbishment:thumbsup
....and they are sitting, waiting for you 15 minutes away from Paul in my garage :thumbsup

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
....and they are sitting, waiting for you 15 minutes away from Paul in my garage :thumbsup
I know mate, I have been so busy - but it's climbing the list....:thumbsup

Just need one more new Bridgestone and it's time to get them done - Lazylegs will not need my car in the near future - so rim to kerb interface with yours or my refurbished rims will not occur...;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts