BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I've recently has some kit installed into my E90 convertible and need some advise on the speaker wiring (before I make a prat of myself with the installers... :)

The audio bits are Alpine IVA-D106R headunit, Alpine 4-channel amp (not sure model but cheap end of range) and Hertz 3-way component speaker package in front doors and under seats.

Sounds great compared to stock system but I'm struggling to balance the treble/mid/bass to my liking. Difficult to explain but it sounds bright at top end so have the treble at -4 and bass is omnipresent but too dominant and woolly to my ear (at -1).

They seem to have wired the underseat woofers to the sub-out on the headunit and I have found the closest sound to my liking at a level of only 6, down from the 12 they said was about right for "most modern music".

Which might be the problem (ha ha) as I mostly listen to 80/90s rock type music (REM/Pixies/Smiths etc).

To cut a long story short I was wondering whether I would be better off with the woofers wired to the Hertz cross-overs rather than sub out?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alpine headunits have built in crossovers for the sub outs so I would go with the sub out-some units you can download software from the Alpine website so you can create your own preferences but I would always go for sub out because these are the right levels to plug into a sub amp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts