BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first thread so hi everyone! Bought a 120i Sport last May 08 and in December the clutch burnt out when reversing up my drive!

The dealer at first said It must be because of how the car is being driven. Don't think so! Only a few thou on the clock and with auto start/stop - not much chance. So they replaced it free (even tho clutches aren't covered on warranty).

Anyway, the next time I reverse the car up the drive a week ago I smell the clutch burning again. The dealer is saying it must be the driving style!! Well, I have to take it back in again and I'm not very happy.

Been driving over 30 yrs and never burnt out a clutch. Reversed cars up the drive for 8 yrs and no probs.

Is there a design fault or something?

:mad

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Doubt there's a design flaw, most likely that the fitment of the previous clutch wasn't done correctly causing premature wear .......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clutch replacment on 2012 twice

Hi

PLease read the posting rules

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f74/bimmerforums-uk-forum-guidelines-t2257/

I have moved this and retitled it.

Im pretty sure there have been other threads on this where others have had the same problem. I will have a look and post back
Please could help I have been reading about clutch wear my wife's car burnt out the clutch at 13000 miles I paid to have the repair done at Bmw Colchester are a cost of £1600, now after 2000 miles it is starting to burn out again can you Snead some help. They also said it was down to driving technic

Thanks Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts