BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The high beam auto on my 2008 730d M Sport does not appear to be working. When I switch the light switch to position 11 o'clock, and operate the steering wheel flasher once, the icon appears at bottom right of the instrument panel but the headlights are in low-beam mode and do not return to high beam mode even when there is no oncoming traffic.

The fuse panel in the boot, right-hand side, appears to have fuses 62, 63 and 72 missing (see photo) and I am wondering if these have anything to do with the high beam auto mode.

Everything else works perfectly normally, so I do not want to upset anything by inserting the missing fuses.

If you have a 7 series (recent), could you confirm that your fuse panel is as per the photo below.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The high beam auto on my 2008 730d M Sport does not appear to be working. When I switch the light switch to position 11 o'clock, and operate the steering wheel flasher once, the icon appears at bottom right of the instrument panel but the headlights are in low-beam mode and do not return to high beam mode even when there is no oncoming traffic.

The fuse panel in the boot, right-hand side, appears to have fuses 62, 63 and 72 missing (see photo) and I am wondering if these have anything to do with the high beam auto mode.

Everything else works perfectly normally, so I do not want to upset anything by inserting the missing fuses.

If you have a 7 series (recent), could you confirm that your fuse panel is as per the photo below.

Many thanks.

Hi
I have a 2007 730d Sport, and I can confirm that the fuses in the right hand side of the boot are exactly as in your photo.
(My photo is shaky due to the cold weather!!!)
I know this doesn't solve the problem, but at least it eliminates the "missing fuses" theory!

·
Registered
11 Posts
It does sound like you have the High Beam Assistance option. There will be a light sensor camera within the interior mirror facing the windscreen, so maybe cleaning the lens may help.
BTW, F62 = Air supply suspension, F63 = Sunroof, F72 = Air suspension control.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does sound like you have the High Beam Assistance option. There will be a light sensor camera within the interior mirror facing the windscreen, so maybe cleaning the lens may help.
BTW, F62 = Air supply suspension, F63 = Sunroof, F72 = Air suspension control.
Thanks, now I know why the empty slots are so! Guess I will have to pop the car into my local BMW dealer. (it's under warranty).

I cleaned the sensor as a first option, but still no High Beam Assistance.

Many thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts