BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just added my new rims and tyres, got rid of the runflats! The ride is unbelievably different! Would definitely recommend this to anyone who values there bones not being shook around!

Anyways comments welcome! Good or bad,

thanks

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Very nice, goes well with the black paintwork.

p.s Lose the dealer sticker in the rear window..they ain't paying you to advertise for them!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice, goes well with the black paintwork.

p.s Lose the dealer sticker in the rear window..they ain't paying you to advertise for them!!
Lol keep meaning to take that off! Will do now, thanks for the reminder!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks good, better than the usual M6 reps etc (no offense anyone who has them, just personal taste). Like the black detail on the alloys. :thumbsup
Can I ask what size you have, look like 20". Were you originals 19"?
Considering changing from RFT myself, what's the ride difference like?

Have you considered lowering by an inch or so? may look (and handle) pretty good!

·
Registered
89 Posts
SICK rims i got some deep dish alloys with chrome lips thinking of colour coding centres (topaz blue)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good, better than the usual M6 reps etc (no offense anyone who has them, just personal taste). Like the black detail on the alloys. :thumbsup
Can I ask what size you have, look like 20". Were you originals 19"?
Considering changing from RFT myself, what's the ride difference like?

Have you considered lowering by an inch or so? may look (and handle) pretty good!
Thanks, they're only 19", my originals were 19" but these seem to look much bigger. I've used the same size tyres too as the originals. 245-40-19 fronts and 275-35-19 rears.

The ride now without the runflats is so much softer, when I go over bumps the whole cabin doesn't shake like it used too. Think it's a little softer in the corners but overall definitely better ride.

May lower the car next, but overall I think i'm happy with the look and the handling for the time being

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all just added my new rims and tyres, got rid of the runflats! The ride is unbelievably different! Would definitely recommend this to anyone who values there bones not being shook around!

Anyways comments welcome! Good or bad,

thanks
Which tyres did u go for and how much did u pick them up for?
I just got my 635d coupe - came with four brand new bridgestone runflats but i am tempted to switch for normal tyres and maybe just sell the runflats on ebay.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nice mate!!! How much did you shell out? ill be changing my wheels when the run flats are up for renewal and wont be going for runflats again!

I like the black! im thinking of going black deep dish wheels with a polished rim but its pricey lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Which tyres did u go for and how much did u pick them up for?
I just got my 635d coupe - came with four brand new bridgestone runflats but i am tempted to switch for normal tyres and maybe just sell the runflats on ebay.
I got a 635d coupe a few weeks ago, and i'm gonna ditch the RFTs as soon as possible.
So i'm looking for some reasonably priced normal tyres, and gonna put some Ultraseal in them.
:thumbsup

·
Registered
4 Posts
im also thinking the same but mine has just had four new runflats from the dealer when i bought it - i also got the tyre insurance (although paying monthly) so am not so sure what to do! does it really make that much difference?

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
im also thinking the same but mine has just had four new runflats from the dealer when i bought it - i also got the tyre insurance (although paying monthly) so am not so sure what to do! does it really make that much difference?
It makes a fair bit of difference but not enough to junk a new set of RFTs (you can't miss what you've never had) so wear 'em out first.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
I got a 635d coupe a few weeks ago, and i'm gonna ditch the RFTs as soon as possible.
So i'm looking for some reasonably priced normal tyres, and gonna put some Ultraseal in them.
Falken 452 are about £600 for 4. Been on mine for nearly 4k now and looking good - huge ride, cornering and comfort advantage over the RFTs I had before (and half price, longer life....)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Falken 452 are about £600 for 4. Been on mine for nearly 4k now and looking good - huge ride, cornering and comfort advantage over the RFTs I had before (and half price, longer life....)
Cheers for that.

I'll see if any of my local dealers supply Falken's.
The outside edges of the fronts are wearing fast:frown, so i'll give them a try.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Many folk on here say get 'em from Camskill and just pay £15-20 per corner to get them fitted/balanced locally. Worth a look.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Get my tyres from Camskill and a local garage charges me £10 to change and balance and get rid of the old tyre. Definately works out cheaper for me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Many folk on here say get 'em from Camskill and just pay £15-20 per corner to get them fitted/balanced locally. Worth a look.
Get my tyres from Camskill and a local garage charges me £10 to change and balance and get rid of the old tyre. Definately works out cheaper for me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, cheers

If i draw a blank locally, i'll give Camskill a try.
:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts