BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car just over 2 weeks and noticed today that 2 of the wheels (19'' spiders) are obviously refurbished and paint is starting to flake off.
Is this acceptable coming from BMW? Also the centre caps are really manky!

Thoughts?

Cheers.

Neil..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can get pics later, its 4 years old with 48K and just come Approved Used from BMW.

·
Diamond BFuk Member
1,213 Posts
I had the same problem with mine I spent a month arguing with BMW and they finally took the car back and refurbed the wheels. A year later they are pealing and the corrosion is back. Took them to a proper wheel refurbisher who said they were just flattened and sprayed over. I suspect the dealer has done the same to yours. Only way out is to have them professionally refurbished, mine are being done when I'm back from holiday. You should be able to get them done for around £300 the set.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember these were refurbished by BMW within the last couple of months, one has paint peeling to reveal pristine original paint underneath, it hasn't even been prepped!

·
Diamond BFuk Member
1,213 Posts
Remember these were refurbished by BMW within the last couple of months, one has paint peeling to reveal pristine original paint underneath, it hasn't even been prepped!
That's what I'm saying, the BMW dealers get a man in a van in and just blow the fronts over. A 2 minute crap cosmetic job.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Neil, wheels inevitably get damaged and with 19 inch Spiders that will be more of a certainty. I bought a 1 year old ex BMW Management car which had had the wheels refurbished and suffered the same problem after 2 weeks.

I recommend going back to the Dealer and being firm with them stating that the workmanship on the refurbishment is not of 'satisfactory quality' (look up sale of good act) and that they as the supplier of the vehicle having undertaken the work have an obligation to provide you with properly refurbished wheel.

Out of interest who is the supplying dealer?

Dave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts