BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again everyone I have the above car and I love it, I have been advised by a few people to have the EGR totally deleted and do not have a problem doing it but am concerned about MOT compatibility will it affect emission results to the point of failure many thanks Chris
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
IMHO having the inlet manifold severely restricted by the gunk the EGR pumps into it will cause more of an issue

I've just had my inlet cleaned (oh matron!) and it's made a real difference to how the car feels

DPF delete is an MOT fail

:)

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
IMHO having the inlet manifold severely restricted by the gunk the EGR pumps into it will cause more of an issue

I've just had my inlet cleaned (oh matron!) and it's made a real difference to how the car feels

DPF delete is an MOT fail

:)
supposed to be,but there aint no visual checks for it yet,,only a smoke test not emissions etc

·
Registered
161 Posts
Here is an extract from the current MOT regulations which all testers are obliged to enforce.

8.2.1.1. Exhaust emission control equipment

This inspection is only for vehicles that must have a full catalyst emissions test (disregarding the basic emissions test). You only need to check components that are visible and identifiable, such as catalytic converters, oxygen sensors, and exhaust gas recirculation valves.

DefectCategory
(a) Emission control equipment fitted by the manufacturer: missing, obviously modified or obviously defectiveMajor
(b) An induction or exhaust leak that could affect emissions levels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts