BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm new to BMW's and I hope someone out there could give me some advise.

I bought a 2008 523i several weeks ago. Full BMW service history with only 133k on the clock. I had the car serviced (oil and filter) by a very reputable indie BMW mechanic. He said the car was immaculate and very well maintained. Could not fault the car.

However I told him every so often I felt what I can only describe as a little blip/shake go through the car. He said it might be a coil pack but this wasn't the case when he hooked it up to the computer, he said it registered 3 misfires alright. However he found a loose breather pipe which he put a clip on it and said keep an eye on it.

The blip/shake has increased and the cars seems now to have a very rough/spluttery start from cold and its fine after that unless the car is left cool really down. However as of this evening, the blip/shake going through the car is worse and you can feel the car very gently knocking/rocking and when you drive it this disappears until the next time you start it. The car is otherwise driving like a dream and cannot fault it.

I have 134k on the car now and the spark plugs were changed at 66k. Could this be the cause of my problem?

I'm told these cars have life long plugs but I don't know how true this is?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys :)

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
A new set of plugs is an easy job to try as a first pass at fixing the problem. I'd be inclined to just do them and rule the plugs out as a factor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts