BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
I bought this new model 318i SE in Nov 08. After a couple of months, the car sometimes loses power for a few seconds when pulling away, feels like you're putting your foot on brake when in fact its on throttle! Took it back to dealer, they reset engine management system to factory settings...ok for a few days..now it's started doing it again! Going back to dealer to tell them I want to return faulty goods!! Any idea guys?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
hi,
I bought this new model 318i SE in Nov 08. After a couple of months, the car sometimes loses power for a few seconds when pulling away, feels like you're putting your foot on brake when in fact its on throttle! Took it back to dealer, they reset engine management system to factory settings...ok for a few days..now it's started doing it again! Going back to dealer to tell them I want to return faulty goods!! Any idea guys?
I think I recall Shaft69(member here) saying they were having problems with crankshaft sensors and they weren't bringing up fault codes, if he sees this thread he will be able to confirm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
what type of fuel are you using? These engines are more sensitive to octane level than the 6cyl. N52. I'm only saying this because the dealer could have done nothing but deleting your adaptation values and mixture settings inside your DME. Fill up at another station with super prem. fuel and see how you go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.