BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, has anybody had any experience of upgrading/changing the bulbs on the daytime running lights to something a bit whiter rather than the off white they are as standard ?

I have seen the options on fleabay, which seem to be LED based and are described as not triggering any dash faults. Ipresume they come with a resistor ?

Any helpful advice appreciated.... and any mick taking in good humour

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Led-Angel...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Which makes are good?

Those are pretty good Mark, I've seen them fitted on an E92. No warnings displayed :thumbsup
I bought and changed my marker to LED markers today. I bought them for £60. In the day light, shade, away for direct sunlight, they were very pale or dim but nice colour. I also got lamp error on the dash. Which make worked for you and how happy are you with the brightness?

B.t.w. they are claimed 7,000K

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought and changed my marker to LED markers today. I bought them for £60. In the day light, shade, away for direct sunlight, they were very pale or dim but nice colour. I also got lamp error on the dash. Which make worked for you and how happy are you with the brightness?

B.t.w. they are claimed 7,000K
What did you change? The H8 bulb?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes H8 bulb

What did you change? The H8 bulb?
Yes, I believe it was H8 bulb. Has two LEDs. Very bright compared to the original. However, some how this brightness does not seem to translate in to bright halo/angle eyes. Also no more light coming from the middle for the centre lights. Nice white but much missing.

Finally, got errors as bulb faulty.

Hope this clarifies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Easy on E92

I was hoping to change the ones on my E93 but have been concerned by how easy or hard the fitting of the bulbs are.

Can anyone shine any light on this topic?

Regards,
I changed my E92 LED Marker H8 and back easily. No problem, a bit cramped for my hand to work in but not a real problem. The only issues were (1) liked the colour of light but thought it was not bright enough, (2) there was a control unit, metal rectangle which then went in behind the light cone effectively dangling and (3) got lamp error on dash. However, chaning was doddle and I am not good at DIY.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I changed my E92 LED Marker H8 and back easily. No problem, a bit cramped for my hand to work in but not a real problem. The only issues were (1) liked the colour of light but thought it was not bright enough, (2) there was a control unit, metal rectangle which then went in behind the light cone effectively dangling and (3) got lamp error on dash. However, chaning was doddle and I am not good at DIY.
I would have just gone for a whiter H8 bulb...shown in the link I posted in your previous thread. Brighter and no light errors since it is halogen :thumbsup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will do that

Neal

I thought I followed that advice. t went to an led thread which did not have E92 so I searched under E92 for the same description and bought some. I realise now that the alternative suggested as bulbs and not led seem to be right and will do that.

Thanks once again for help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.