BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I purchased a BMW 320i M Sport (reg 07) in October and was hoping someone could advise in regards to the alarm (I am still waiting for BWM to send me my manual) :mad

On Xmas day someone decided to drive into my car and not leave contact details, the car was parked infront of my house and I live in a cul de sac, my concern is that the damage was very bad (New diver side panel required and damage to door etc), however i'm concerned that the alarm did not activate and the driver legged it before i could get any details.

If the alarm had been activated I would have had an opportunity to catch them.

So should the alarm have gone off?

KR
Min

·
Platinum BFuk Member
244 Posts
is yours the E93 ?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
244 Posts
the alarm should go off if your door got knocked in. according to the manual all alarm sensors on the E93 are at seat level anything above wont trigger the alarm off. (no sensors on roof)
you can test the alarm by holding the boot unlock button for 3 seconds on your key
to makes sure its working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I learnt something new then... so the alarm should have been activated?
Does that mean i have some hope of complaining to BMW?

Min

·
Platinum BFuk Member
244 Posts
I learnt something new then... so the alarm should have been activated?
Does that mean i have some hope of complaining to BMW?

Min
got any pics ?

always worth a Rant with the dealers, just bare in mind that if the alarm did go off, it would have been recorded on the key logs along with any sensor failure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

Not sure how to paste them on here?
The alarm didnt go off so it shouln't show anything.

I spoke to the service team and they said they'll have a look just want to get my facts together before I have a "rant" as you put it :)

Min

·
Platinum BFuk Member
244 Posts
Hi,

Not sure how to paste them on here?
The alarm didnt go off so it shouln't show anything.

I spoke to the service team and they said they'll have a look just want to get my facts together before I have a "rant" as you put it :)

Min
had any luck with the dealers mate ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

Not yet no, still waiting for the insurance company to give me my car back, so any ideas welcome?

Min

·
Platinum BFuk Member
244 Posts
Hi,

Not yet no, still waiting for the insurance company to give me my car back, so any ideas welcome?

Min
are your insureres doing the repairs ? hope you asked them to get it done by BMW, im guess you have to pay the access.

what sort of ideas are you looking for ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts