BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this topic may have been covered elsewhere, but I cannot find it....
I want rid of the run-flats that give an appalling ride on B-roads.
What should I try? (standard 17" wheel)

Also, are there any issues with replacing fronts first whilst the rears will still be wearing run-flats for a few thousand miles?

Finally, will changing from runflats impact the BMW warranty?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
hit the link in my signature for info

If I've not forgotten to add specific RFT replacement options on BMWs, let me know and I'll post

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Just realised I haven't added the BMW RFT options to the thread.

Firstly, you specific BMW's suspension will have been designed to work successfully with RFT tyres.

However, for whatever, if you decide to go the non RFT route, upon experience from previous customers of the new E90 3 series and E60 5 series
models, non RFT Bridgestones tend to be the ideal replacement.

We advised this to our customers as Bridgestone tend to have very stiff side walls to begin with compared to other competitors. So this asset helps in retaining the stiffest sidewall without RFT technology.

Alternatively, all premium brand tyres have a variety of load ratings. There are standard load ratings, and 'extra load / XL' rating options. My advice would be to go for either the Bridgestone's with extra load ratings, or any premium tyre that you like, but with the extra load rating.

Also note, if you carry a bottle of tyre foam as a result of not having RFT tyres, in the event if you used tyre foam (to get you home), the tyre would not be repairable. Tyres with tyre foam/slime cannot be repaired. Probably best to source a spare alloy with a tyre from a BMW breaker and use that as your spare.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just following up- I went with Falken ZE912's (extra load).
The car is transformed- VERY highly recommended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts