BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
When steadily accelerating in either 2nd, 3rd or 4th from relatively low RPM I get a sudden jolt followed by a loss of power that lasts for about a second before correcting itself. The MPG gauge also goes off the scale when it happens then returns to normal.
BMW are having trouble identifying the fault as there are no results after performing a diagnostic test. I suspected Crank shaft or CAM shaft sensor problem but BMW ensured me that if this was the case it would have definitely registered on the diag.
Any ideas ? Thanks ........

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi,
When steadily accelerating in either 2nd, 3rd or 4th from relatively low RPM I get a sudden jolt followed by a loss of power that lasts for about a second before correcting itself. The MPG gauge also goes off the scale when it happens then returns to normal.
BMW are having trouble identifying the fault as there are no results after performing a diagnostic test. I suspected Crank shaft or CAM shaft sensor problem but BMW ensured me that if this was the case it would have definitely registered on the diag.
Any ideas ? Thanks ........
does sound like crank sensor

·
Registered
4 Posts
ddeeks,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Other than the MPG off the scale i am having the same issue. BMW have diagnosed as faulty injectors (BMW design fault) had five replacements (2 injectors replaced twice on a 4 cylinder engine!)

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
41 Posts
Know problem

This is a known problem with the 320i when I had mine[2yrs] it did it the whole time saw some inprovement after a new knock sensor and softeware update but never got rid of it completely just lived with it in the end but got shot when warrenty was up there is a lot on the net about problems with the 320i engine i.e coils injecters etc try reading link from Honest john site also know someone with problems with his far worse than mine never got cured sorry to bring doom and gloom to the story.:irked

·
Registered
4 Posts
Paul c,

Thanks for the response, yeah not what i wanted to hear, but better than taking the car back and forth all of the time in the hope that it would be fixed

Thanks

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts