BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I hit one of those suicidal pheasants that are roaming around at the moment - front headlight area. On checking, the little cover that hides the headlamp washer had popped off and disappeared but all the lights seem to be fine.

I am getting the warning light on startup for exterior bulb out - could this be for the plastic cover or am I maybe missing a broken bulb ?

Any idea where and how much to replace the missing piece ? (Le Mans blue)

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...it is the drivers side light bulb thats gone. Do you know what model number that is and is it worth making that a special bulb (nightbreaker) ?

Peter

Once you get the bulb out warning, press and hold your BC stalk button. There will be a CC-ID code displayed, so tell us what it is :thumbsup

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have just had another look at my headlight and the impact of that bloody bird has cracked both the plastic mountings that keep the light enclosure in place - I can try to glue them otherwise it looks like a new headlight enclosure which is bound to cost an arm and a leg...has anybody come across this before ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you checked to see which bulb is out yet? is it the side light, dipped beam or main beam?
Yes - drivers side, side light...have ordered replacement and will also change dipped beam to Osram nightbreaker at the same time..

Worried about headlamp enclosure though as both mounting brackets cracked and the whole unit moves if pushed.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Yes - drivers side, side light...have ordered replacement and will also change dipped beam to Osram nightbreaker at the same time..

Worried about headlamp enclosure though as both mounting brackets cracked and the whole unit moves if pushed.
Can you not glue them or use some metal strips and screw the brackets back on? :confused

·
Registered
183 Posts
Insecure Headlamp is also an MOT Fail, should you have your MOT due soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts