BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

what HID conversion kit would you recommend for an Alpina D3 (based on E90 320d)?

thanks
vince

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tbh, I would really stay away from HID kits on a E9x because if you don't get the correct ballasts that compensate for the lights out error, your foot well module is going to give up since it count's down the number of errors logged. After that, a new module will be required and that's not cheap.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good luck mate. its a right chew on to get HID's to work on a E90.

I bought a set a couple of days ago, 100% guaranteed to work!!

I trial fitted them 1st, turned ignition on and no error codes up :)

Fully fitted them, turned ignition on, still no error codes...... started the car up BING!!!! error came up, i was gutted.

If you do find some that work, please let me know as the looked good fitted.

Paul

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck mate. its a right chew on to get HID's to work on a E90.

I bought a set a couple of days ago, 100% guaranteed to work!!

I trial fitted them 1st, turned ignition on and no error codes up :)

Fully fitted them, turned ignition on, still no error codes...... started the car up BING!!!! error came up, i was gutted.

If you do find some that work, please let me know as the looked good fitted.

Paul
Hi Paul, were they no error guaranteed? are you sending them back to your seller?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah, guaranteed to work,

Ive emailed a few sellers on the bay asking if they are 100% sure they will work on a E90 and everyone said they cant be 100%.

Guess what the guy said?? "The reason they didn't work on your car is because its remapped" :confused :rofl

I sold them on to a mate with a new Passat, they worked in his. But i could of got a refund

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, guaranteed to work,

Ive emailed a few sellers on the bay asking if they are 100% sure they will work on a E90 and everyone said they cant be 100%.

Guess what the guy said?? "The reason they didn't work on your car is because its remapped" :confused :rofl

I sold them on to a mate with a new Passat, they worked in his. But i could of got a refund
Wise choice mate...would have eventually caused you bigger problems in the long run.

·
BFuk Resident Design Guru
2,834 Posts
It's like a lottery with E9x mate. Works, or doesn't work...I'm thinking the latter :hihi
:hihi Well ide write to them saying here guys if this doesnt work and i need a new modue then your paying for it...sign some disclaimer.. happpy days.. :thumbsup

Neal why does it always say your offline..? you being a ninja mod? :lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts