BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had my 335d remapped a year ago with fantastic results, but the remap was wiped by a garage when repairing the car a few months back.

I want to get the remap put back on the car, but the car needs a brake fluid change in February, is only around 8000 miles away from needing new front pads.

Will a main dealer always reflash the ecu when they are working on the car?
Can you specify that you have a map on the car and that you dont want it wiped?
Basically I'm afraid that I'll get the car remapped only to lose it again when I get the servicing done....

Hugh

·
Registered
781 Posts
Wait till after the brake fluid change in February (or get it done early?) to get your remap done and have the brake pads changed by an independent that won't be tampering with your ECU?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Service items are monitored by the CAS module, so they won't be touching your ECU for any resets :thumbsup. Besides, bet they reset the items through the cluster anyway :hihi

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
I would be inclined to keep quiet. I have had mine wiped when they did the tiurbo's, but that's the first time and was expected.
Yours may be out of warranty, but with a FBMWSH you may get some 'goodwill' at some stage if anything serious goes wrong and a remap may give them an excuse to wriggle out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be inclined to keep quiet. I have had mine wiped when they did the tiurbo's, but that's the first time and was expected.
Yours may be out of warranty, but with a FBMWSH you may get some 'goodwill' at some stage if anything serious goes wrong and a remap may give them an excuse to wriggle out.
Whats a FBMWSH Mark? :confused

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its complicated.

I got the map done in Ireland, and have moved with my job to Bristol.

The guy who did the map back in Ireland knows a guy near Cheltenham who does mapping. So I'm gonna go to him, he is gonna copy the ecu file and send it back to the guy in Dublin who will re-engineer the map.
The guy in Cheltenham will then reload the map once he receives the file.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I finally have the map back on, god what a difference it makes!!

Car is beast-like once again.

Big thanks to John Robins at DNA tuning for sorting me out.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Well I finally have the map back on, god what a difference it makes!!

Car is beast-like once again.

Big thanks to John Robins at DNA tuning for sorting me out.
It's funny how you notice it more when it gets wiped than when you first have it put on.

Glad you are back to 'normal' :thumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts